Sunday, July 20, 2014

Digital Badge #3

Chapter 8: Communicating and Networking with Websites, Blogs, Wikis, and More




Chapter 8 discusses ways teachers can communication with colleagues and students via websites, wikis, and email as well as some other things.  Tech Tool 8.1 offers resources for teacher websites and blogs.  I have enjoyed learning about and using wikis and blogs over the past few weeks.  The more I learn I'm trying to come up with a way use them in my classroom this coming school year.  I'm afraid that it will become a burden.  I don't want to take on a project that I can't keep up with.

Maloy, R. W., Verock-O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S. A., & Woolf, B. P. (2011). Transforming learning with new technologies. 1st Edition. Boston: Pearson/Allyn and Bacon.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you exploring Prezi as an alternate communication tool as well! :) I hear you on the 'burden' aspect and I encourage you to start small with just one small step! You are learning about so many things in this concentrated 6 week class that it can be both exciting and overwhelming! So, I definitely encourage you to just keep things in the back of your mind and as you go through the year, you'll undoubtedly find ones that 'fit'. Also, be prepared to 'fail' and I say that in a positive sense. You will learn much more from those experiences and your children will value from that as well.

    ReplyDelete